Ethos & vision for learning
Our children learn and grow in a happy, challenging, supportive and secure environment.
- Our children enjoy a rich and varied curriculum - everyone has the opportunity to be involved in our extensive curriculum.
- Our children have access to an impressive range of resources which support and enhance the curriculum. These include a large playing field, playgrounds, adventure play equipment; playground gym, a wildlife area with pond where Forest School happens weekly, allotment with polytunnel, heated outdoor swimming pool; an excellent newly refurbished library
- Our children have continuity in their relationships with staff as well as lasting friendships within their peer groups and across the school.
- We have an excellent reputation for identifying and meeting the needs of each and every child, from those with specific special educational needs through to giving all pupils the opportunity to challenge themselves.
- We take pride in celebrating the achievements of all our children in our weekly Celebration Assembly and with displays in classrooms and throughout the school, as well as on our website.
- Our children develop respect for and tolerance of others. They are encouraged to behave with kindness towards each other and we have an excellent standard of behaviour within the school.
- We work in partnership with parents (and grandparents), carers, the local church of St James, Pre-School and Toddler groups, the Godalming Learning Partnership, and many different members of the local community. These partnerships support the development of a positive attitude towards life and enrich our children’s learning experiences.
Our vision combines our four learning behaviours with our matching Christian values.