St James E-News
20th January 2023
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest news and events at the school
- PTA Children's Disco - the decision has been made to move the date of the disco to Wednesday 22nd February due to a clash with possible strike action on 1st February. Please see the letter on the Parent Portal and the information on the PTA News page of the website.
- PTA Meeting Tuesday 31st January- the next PTA meeting takes place via Zoom at 8pm. Please join if you can, the agenda and the link to the meeting is on the PTA News page.
- Families Magazine - a free digital magazine with information about numerous events to occupy your children. This issue has a what's on listing for January and February, Valentine's craft ideas, batch cooking recipes and lots more. Please click on the picture below to learn more
- Christian Youth Enterprises - some of you will be aware that children in Year 5 have the opportunity to visit CYE at their activities centre in Cobnor, Chichester Harbour. There is a poster on the Advertising Hub detailing events that are open to children outside school hours this year. The Advertising Hub is the place to find information about local clubs and events that may interest members of your family.
- Sickness in School - we continue to ask you to help us minimise the spread of illness by only sending your child to school if they are well. If your child has a stomach bug, please ensure that they do not return to school until 48 hours (2 days) after the last episode of either sickness or diarrhoea as they will still be infectious.
- Additional Financial Support for Families - We are aware that some families may be experiencing additional financial challenges at the moment. If you are in this situation, we may be able to help you access some financial support. You can email our Home School Link Worker Helen Owen - firstname.lastname@example.org with regards to this. Parents can also check to see if their children have become entitled to Free School Meals, this not only means that school meals are free for qualifying children in KS2 (Years 3-6), it can also provide additional funding for the school to support those children until they move to Secondary School. Please speak to the school office, in confidence, if you think you may qualify, regardless of which year your child is in. FSM claim forms can be found here.
- Drop in sessions with our Home School Link Worker, Helen Owen - The role of the Home School Link Worker (HSLW) is to support families with a range of issues at home or at school. 1:1 sessions are available on Wednesdays. To book an appointment, email Helen on email@example.com or ring the school office to request a call back.
Letters This Week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Little Ducks
- Whole school
Please click on the link below to find out about activities planned for this term.
Dates For Your Diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
View this week's school menu
School Policy on Granting Leave of Absence
Please see latest from our advertising hub: