All staff, parents and carers are members of the St James Primary PTA, which is a registered charity and the committee meets monthly with an annual AGM in October.
What the PTA do
The PTA performs two important functions:
- We develop and foster a positive team spirit and strong school community that benefits everyone involved with the school. By organising fun children, adult and family events each term
- We support the school by raising funds which are all spent on valuable resources that add so much to the children’s enjoyment, development and learning.
The PTA encourages everyone associated with the school community to come along and enjoy the events that we organise.
- Annual events are the Christmas Fair, Stars in Their Eyes, Quiz Night, Christmas Shopping evening and Summer Fair.
- Other events include:
- Children's Disco
- Children’s Bingo
- Sponsored Event
- Children’s Beetle Drive
Recently funded items
- New and fabulous adventure play area
- Changing rooms for the swimming pool
- Continued upkeep and all running costs of the swimming pool
- Funding for the gardening projects
Replacement of the trim trail in the school grounds
How are we organised?
The PTA is a registered charity which has a committee of volunteer parents and staff who manage activities on behalf of all PTA members. We keep everyone informed and involved through the PTA News on the school website and the PTA notice board in the school playground. All members are free to attend the informal committee meetings held each term. Members are elected at our Annual General Meeting in October.
PTA Second-hand uniform
The PTA sell second-hand uniform at great discounted prices. The uniform shop is available online. Once you've created an account, the uniform is under 'Shop'. Please consider purchasing from the second-hand uniform shop before buying new. The PTA have lots of good-quality items, including summer dresses and shorts.
All proceeds go to the St James Primary PTA, and you'll be making a positive contribution to the environment by reusing clothes which might otherwise end up in landfill. Please contact Gemma Hitchen or Danielle Sleightholme for any specific requests. Their email addresses are available through the school office.
Current committee members
Kayte Burns (Chair)
Justin Radford (Treasurer)
Clare Slightam (Secretary)
Valerie Elliott (Headteacher)
Charlotte Fincken (Staff/Head representative)
Each class has two dedicated representatives - class reps - who help with coordinating and encouraging involvement of parents with their class activities such as walking on the common days and PTA events.
How can you get involved?
We are always delighted to receive offers of help – whether as a one-off or a regular commitment. Just contact any committee member, or speak to one of your class representatives to find out what you can do or to make your suggestions. Mums, dads, carers, grandparents and friends can get involved at many levels:
– come along to events
– make a contribution to an event (bake a cake, buy a raffle ticket……)
– help out at an event
– come into school to help out in class
– join the committee or sub-committees for organising events
Thank you for reading
Chair of PTA