St James E-News
25th November 2022
Welcome to the St James Primary School's E-News, a weekly roundup of the latest news and events at the school.
- Parents please remember that children are not to play on the school field at the end of the school day. We ask that families move off the school premises as soon as possible after pick-up so that the gates can be locked in order to safeguard those children who are remaining in school at after-school clubs or SuperStars.
- Parking Outside School During Pick-Up and Drop-Off - we have received a request from a resident that parents avoid parking on the blind bend on Thursley Road near St James' Church. Parking is available in the lay-bys opposite the church and the Village Hall. We continue to ask that parents park safely and with consideration for local residents and they walk their children to school as much as possible.
- Additional Financial Support for Families - We are aware that some families may be experiencing additional financial challenges at the moment. If you are in this situation, we may be able to help you access some financial support. You can email our Home School Link Worker Helen Owen - firstname.lastname@example.org with regards to this. Parents can also check to see if their children have become entitled to Free School Meals, this not only means that school meals are free for qualifying children in KS2 (Years 3-6), it can also provide additional funding for the school to support those children until they move to Secondary School. Please speak to the school office, in confidence, if you think you may qualify, regardless of which year your child is in. FSM claim forms can be found here.
- Ramble for Children In Need 18th November 2022 - over £500 has now been raised for this wonderful charity. Thank you to everyone who donated. Please click on the picture below to go to our fundraising page if you still wish to donate
- Christmas Productions - parents who have requested seats at the Christmas performances will hear by the end of today regarding the number of seats they have been allocated.
- Football Tournament - Monday 28th November KS2. If your child has signed up to take part in the tournament please send them to school in their kits on Monday. Please include shin pads if they have them and, if you have any spares you could lend to someone else, we would be very grateful to receive these. Please make sure that every item of kit is named.
- All-Age Christmas Carol Service 6pm Friday 16th December - all our families are invited to join a Carol Service at St James' Church Elstead
- Drop in sessions with our Home School Link Worker, Helen Owen - The role of the Home School Link Worker (HSLW) is to support families with a range of issues at home or at school. 1:1 sessions are available on Wednesdays. To book an appointment, email Helen on email@example.com or ring the school office to request a call back.
Letters This Week
The following classes have had letters uploaded to the Parent Portal this week. Note: You will need to login to view this area.
- Whole school
Please click on the link below to find out about activities planned for this term.
Blog of the Week: Click on the picture below to see how Puffins are enjoying their first experience of Forest School.
Click below to view all the latest News Blogs:
Dates For Your Diary
View the school calendar for the latest information
View this week's school menu
School Policy on Granting Leave of Absence
Please see latest from our advertising hub: